Spicy Curry Leaf Chicken Fry (Kerala Style)This is a dry chicken dish which requires LOTS of CURRY LEAVES!! You can even make it with drumettes/ chicken wings.
- Chicken- 500 gms (cut into small pieces)
- Red chilli powder- 3-4tsp
- Coriander powder-4 tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
Boil the chicken in the above ingredients adding a little water. Let the water evaporate. Keep the pieces aside.
Ingredients for the fry:
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Onion- 1 medium (mince)
- Garlic-4-5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Green chillies-3-4nos. slit
- Red chilli powder: 2-3 tsp (depending on your spice level)
- Coriander Powder: 3tsp
- Pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves-20-25 nos.
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil ,add mustard seeds.
- When it pops and half the curry leaves, then add the onion,garlic and chillies and fry till translucent.
- Add all the powders and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and mix till the masala coats all the pieces. Switch off.
- Check the salt.
- Add the rest of the curry leaves on top (lots), mix.
- Add lemon juice/tamarind water. Mix, cover and keep.
Serve the Spicy Curry Leaf Chicken hot as an appetizer or with plain rice and dal.